Please be advised of Program changes as follows :
Ø 16 Guidelines : Smart thinking for a Meaningful Life
facilitated by CTCTs Spirtual Program Co-ordinator Sandra Stubbings,
will now be scheduled in June.
With hopes this change in schedule will allow for future planning for those interested to be able to commit to the full package of the 3 Saturday sessions planned.The course is not designed to be attended on an individual session basis and necessarily the full benefit will be experienced by engagement in all 3 sessions.
Ø NEW DATES : June 4th - Introduction followed on June 18th and 25th
Please check updated info here
It is crucial to assist our preparations for you, to host this course, that all registrations are fully confirmed by JUNE1st
***The weekend of June 11 will see all key CTCT members attending His Holiness Dalai Lama teachings in Melbourne on June 11,12,13 and so there will not be a program scheduled for that weekend.
Please visit HHDL Australian visit site here : http://www.dalailamainaustralia.org/ we hope so sincerely that many will have the great fortune to attend these precious upcoming events.
The merit and power of group practice is unfathomable and so we invite you wholeheartedly to attend CTCT during May for continuing GROUP PRACTICE together dedicated for Lama Zopa Rinpoches return to excellent health as quickly as possible.
Ø Saturday afternoons 1pm - 4.30pm on 14,21,28,May
Kingston Adult Education Centre 8 Hutchins St Kingston Block A Rm 3
We will be offering the opportunity to engage in practices such as
- Daily Preliminary Prayers , Blessing the speech practice, Mantra recitation,
- Prostrations to the 35 Buddhas for purification of past and present negative actions of body speech and mind,
- Medicine Buddha Puja and or 21 Praises to Tara, Most Secret Hayagriva mantra and supplication with dedications for not only Lama Zopa Rinpoche but for all requiring healing and happiness, for all success of all of our lives, of our friends and family, of the Centre and of all FPMT projects and activities that bring great benefit to many.
- Extensive offerings and dedications
- We will also engage in various recommended Sutra recitations over the next 3 weeks which people can continue with in their own time during the week between Saturday sessions.
All these practices together will be led with extensive explanation and a chance to learn some prayers and tunes in Tibetan and thus gain more familiarity with using our most excellent resource of FPMT Prayer Books 1 & 2 .( which are available at the Centre for your use
Ø A wonderful program is in store during JULY - AUGUST with Venerable Tenzin Chogkyi http://ventenzinchogkyi.com/
We are very pleased to be hosting Ven Chogkyi this winter at CTCT ,she will be offering teachings , Public Talks and weekend retreat opportunity during her stay with us.
Please do check her website for her background and activities worldwide.
A fantastic opportunity for us to really utilize the experience, warmth ,wisdom and compassion of a such dedicated practitioner
We hope and envision this is the beginning of her return to CTCT annually for 2-3 months stay each year over the next few years.
Topics to look forward to include:
- Dealing with Emotions
- Making a home for the Mind
- Radical Compassion - 7 point thought training
- Big Love - experiencing Bodhichitta - the good heart
- Buddism in a Nutshell ( 5 week course)
- Meditation for Everyone ( 6 week course)
All course dates and venues will be confirmed very soon..email , Facebook, website alerts will be sent when available.
Registration will be required to attend all the courses offered.
Ø With great appreciation and deep gratitude we welcome DR SONAM TAKCHOES' teachings each alternate Friday evening at Friends Meeting House 6pm-9pm - Guided mindfulness of breath meditations with continuing commentary on Guide to Bodhisattvas Way of Life Chapter 9 .
This schedule will continue unchanged ( unless notified) throughout the year.
Next meeting with Drs Sonam Takchoe is on MAY 20th
Every one warmly welcomed
|< Prev||Next >|